If you want to add more years to the relationship between you and your car, give it a little extra attention this Spring in the form of an oil change, tune-up, or other service to make sure it runs happily ever after. Just a little extra care can lead to a longer life for your car.
There’s no debating the value of preventive maintenance to keep your car running efficiently. By giving your vehicle a little more attention now, you’ll avoid the unexpected expense of car trouble down the road.
The Car Care Council recommends you treat your car to regular care this Spring and beyond.
- Schedule a tune-up annually to optimize your car’s performance. A well-tuned engine delivers the best balance of power and fuel economy and produces the lowest level of emissions.
- Change the oil and filter per the owner’s manual. Periodic oil and filter changes keep your engine clean on the inside.
- Check the tire pressure monthly, including the spare. Your car’s tires affect its ride, handling, traction, and safety.
- Have the alignment checked annually. Potholes and other road conditions, as well as normal wear, can take their toll on your car’s steering and suspension. A wheel alignment reduces tire wear, improves fuel economy and handling, and increases driving enjoyment and safety.
- Inspect the windshield wipers and lights on the car. Lights and wipers play a major role in safe driving, and they are normal wear items that need periodic replacement.